Wednesday, April 20, 2005

More arcades, less boutiques

Went out to Sunway Pyramid with my sister today. She's also having her holidays now, after graduating from the matriculation course. So anyway, after having our brunch at Long John Silver's we split up because she planned to meet up with her college friends, which I have no part in.

The biggest joy I find in a shoppin center would be its arcade. So I followed the signboard saying 'Playworks'. 'Playworks', sounds promising. But I was... disappointed. The most sophisticated machine there was probably the ParaParaParadise machine. The rest were machines with faded screens from the early '90s. Since I find no joy in these machines, I went around exploring the rest of the place.

It's a weird feeling where about 70% of the place were clothing stores, it just feels... empty. The stores were empty (probably because it isn't sale season), and the workers just have this empty forlorn look in their eyes.

I spent about another half an hour there before covering all four floors of the shopping center, then I proceeded to Subang Parade, which is probably bigger, but is just as bad in entertainment terms. One tiny arcade, with games I recognize from my NES and Sega Megadrive days.

DDR Extreme, how I miss you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jad [Alt] Kaizer said...

That place wasn't that great. No girls to impress, no nothing to have fun. I rather drop by the bookstore nearby and grab some books instead, or maybe raid the IT center next to it for CDs.

Pyramid ah Pyramid, you are losing your shine... please do something about your glitters...

12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home